Document, report - Report by Residences Review Sub-Committee
From the Collection of Melbourne Legacy 293 Swanston Street Melbourne Victoria
- 10 doublesided foolscap sheets, black on white. Two holes punched for filing.
- residences, review, blamey house, harelands, stanhope
- Final report dated April 1972 submitted by the Residences Review Sub-Committee (J.E. Chancellor. Chair, H.C.G. Rogers, G.K. Rosman) - see drafts at Cat.Nos. 01672 and 01673. The report of the Forcasting Committee, Cat. No. 01670, is included as Appendix I, and comparative costs statements 1963-1971 are included as Appendices II-V.
The report gives details of the situation at that date and projected changes to the functions of the residences, occupancy rates, costs and likely trends in accommodation needs. It explores at length auxiliary and alternate accommodation such as the Salvation Army, YMCA, YWCA and church hostels, before recommending that when the number of residents over the age of 14 falls below 34 in two consecutive years Blamey House be disposed of or developed for other needs, Stanhope is converted to co-ed accommodation for over 14s, and Harelands is used as co-ed accommodation for the under 14s. The report also recommends investigating as a separate project maintaining a separate cottage for problem children.
- Part of the history of Melbourne Legacy's involvement with residential care for children.
- Page 1: in pencil: 'FINAL REPORT'
- 20 Apr 2020 at 12:09PM