Medals - Anzac Day 1918
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- .1 A silver-coloured metal medal with an image of an A.I F. soldier and printed words on the obverse side and a banner and decorative leaves and printed words on the reverse side. The medal has a metal circular piece at the top for attachment to a ribbon or cord.
.2 as above except that the medal is bronze-coloured.
- Diameter: 2.5 cm.
- world war one, history of warrnambool, anzac day
- These medals were produced for Anzac Day 1918 by the Education Department of Victoria and made by the Melbourne firm, Stokes and Son. They were issued to Victorian school children and also sold to aid the war effort.
- Stokes & Son (Maker)
- These medals have no particular local provenance but are retained for display purposes.
- EDV Gallipoli France Palestine Anzac Day 1918
Honor to the AIF
S & S
- 17 Jan 2020 at 10:38AM