Badges - Charity
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- .1 This is a circular metal badge with a painted green background with red printing and a cream-coloured image of a winged female figure. The badge has a metal clip on the back.
.2 as above except that the painted material is more faded
- .1 and .2 Diameter: 2 cm.
- world war one, history of warrnambool, badges
- These badges appear to date from the World War One period. Badges such as these were sold at this time to aid the war effort in Australia and the proceeds were mainly used to provide comforts for servicemen in Australia and abroad.
- Early 20th century
- These badges have no known local provenance but are retained as examples of World War One badges sold in Australia for the war effort.
- 17 Jan 2020 at 10:59AM