Coin - 50 Cents Centenary of Federation
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- This silver-coloured 12-sided coin has an image of Queen Elizabeth 11 and etched printing on one side and a Coat of Arms and printing on the other side.
- Diameter:3 cm.
- federation in australia, history of warrnambool, coin
- This coin was issued to commemorate the centenary of Federation in Australia in 2001. The six Australian States were federated into the Commonwealth of Australia in January 1901 after several years of campaigning and planning. The first Prime Minister was Edmund Barton and the first Federal Parliament was held in Melbourne and continued to be held in Melbourne until the establishment of the Australian capital at Canberra in 1927. In 2001 ceremonies and celebrations were held all over Australia to commemorate the centenary of Federation.
- Australian Mint (Maker)
- This coin is retained for display purposes as a souvenir of the centenary of Federation in Australia
- Elizabeth 11 Australia 2001
Centenary of Federation 1901 - 2001
New South Wales
- 17 Jan 2020 at 11:07AM