Badges - Warrnambool Racing Club
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- .1 A shield-shaped metal badge with silver-coloured trim around the edges. There are initials in the centre of the badge and around these is a circle of blue with silver-coloured printing, all on a green background. There is a metal clip at the back.
.2 as above
- W 2.5 cm. H 2.3 cm.
- warrnambool racing club, history of warrnambool, badge
- These badges were issued to members of the Warrnambool Racing Club in 1950. Horse race meetings have been held in Warrnambool since the early days of settlement, with the Warrnambool Racing Club being established in 1854. Race meetings were first held on the site of the present day racecourse in the late 1850s. The chief event on the Warrnambool racing calendar is the annual three-day May Racing Carnival, with the main event being the well-known Warrnambool Grand Annual Steeplechase.
- Stokes (Maker)
- These badges are retained as examples of badges of members of the Warrnambool Racing Club in the mid 20th century.
- .1 WRC Warrnambool Racing Club
Not Transferable, Season 1950-51, Season ends July 31st 1951, B 297
.2 as above except that the number is B 124
- 17 Jan 2020 at 11:44AM