Badge - Warrnambool Racing Club
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- This is a shield-shaped metal badge with gold edging, a red background on the outer edge and inside this,a circle of blue with gold lettering and an inner circle of red with gold initials. The back has gold lettering. The badge has a metal clip at the top with a blue cord attached with a gold metal fastener.
- W 2.5 cm. H 27 cm.
- warrnambool racing club, history of warrnambool, badge
- This badge was issued to members of the Warrnambool Racing Club for the season 1950-1951. Horse race meetings have been held in Warrnambool since the early days of settlement (late 1840s) and the Warrnambool Racing Club was formed in 1854. Since the late 1850s, race meetings have been held at the present site of the Warrnambool Racecourse. The chief event on the Warrnambool racing calendar is the annual May Racing Carnival, a three-day event with the main race being the well-known Warrnambool Grand Annual Steeplechase.
- Stokes (Maker)
- This badge is retained as an example of a member’s badge of the Warrnambool Racing Club in 1950.
- Warrnambool Racing Club WRC
Season ends July 31st 1951
- 17 Jan 2020 at 11:54AM