Badge - Warrnambool Racing Club
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- This is a round metal badge with gold lettering on a black background and a black, green and gold image of a horse and rider clearing a hurdle. The badge has a metal ring at the top and a green cord with a gold metal fastener is attached.
- Diameter: 3 cm.
- warrnambool racing club, history of warrnambool, badge
- This is a badge issued to members of the Warrnambool Racing Club for the 1956-7 season. Race meetings have been held in Warrnambool since the early days of European settlement, from 1848 on, with the Warrnambool Racing Club formed in 1854. The present day race track was first used in the late 1850s. The most important meeting of the Warrnambool Racing Club is the May Racing Carnival held over three days with the main feature being the well-known Warrnambool Grand Annual Steeplechase.
- Stokes (Maker)
- This is a local badge and is retained as an example of a member’s badge of the Warrnambool Racing Club in the mid 1950s.
- Warrnambool Racing Club
Not Transferable Season 1956-1957
- 17 Jan 2020 at 12:00PM