From the Collection of Mont De Lancey 71 Wellington Road Wandin North Victoria
- Rectangular, Clubman tobacco tin with a light blue background and a dark blue 3.5 cm. diagonal strip across the hinged lid.
It contains three small, cardboard picture cards with images and names of: a cart, a harp and a star, together with matching name lables.
- 8.5 cm. L X 7.5 cm. W. X 1.5 cm. H.
- tobacco tins, tobacco containers, smoking equipment
- The Marcus Tobacco Co. (Maker)
- On lid: The merged gold letters "M", "T" and "C" surmounted by a gold crown at the top left hand end of the dark blue diagonal stripe and the name "CLUBMAN" at the right hand end, together with: "A Distinctive Cigarette" in very faded black lettering. Printed at the bottom of the lid are the words: "Silk Tipped Virginia" in black print. Also on the lid are the hand-written letters "CN" written in black permanent ink.
Inside the lid: "The Clubman" with the company logo underneath. "A Distinctive Cigarette manufactured from carefully selected tobacco for discriminating smokers" "The Marcus Tobacco Co."
- 18 Jan 2020 at 10:33PM