Stories Organisations Projects About Login

Mont De Lancey Wandin North, Victoria

Mont De Lancey is the property purchased and developed by pioneer Henry Sebire. It includes an 1880's homestead, timber slab kitchen, 1920's St. Mary's Chapel, a blacksmiths shop and vintage engine shed and an extensive museum showcasing vintage clothes, radios, tools, kitchen appliances, old photos and more. It is a not for profit trust which is run by volunteers.
The Museum was opened in 1993.

Links

Contact Information

location
PO Box 316 WANDIN NORTH VIC 3139 (map)
phone
+61 03 5964 2088

Contact

Opening Hours

Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday 10am till 4.30pm CLOSED Monday and Tuesdays

Entry Fee

Museum and garden $6

Location

71 Wellington Road Wandin North Victoria

View on Google Maps

There are no comments yet.

Leave a comment

651 items

close
Show All Items Items with Images (633) Items with Audio Items with Video Items with Documents
View As Grid List

651 items

School slate

Mont De Lancey, Wandin North

Small school slate with leather strap. Luggage tag shape.

Hat

Mont De Lancey, Wandin North

Cream Panama hat with blue ribbon trim. In Hat Box # 3045

Historical information

Worn by Mrs. Logan.

Socks

Mont De Lancey, Wandin North

Pair of new brown infant socks. Special dye.

Lamp

Mont De Lancey, Wandin North

Early lamp with green bowl and white shade.

Pin cushion

Mont De Lancey, Wandin North

Moss green velvet pin cushion with white beads. Triangular shape.

Historical information

Mrs. Ada Sebire - 1920's

Shoehorn

Mont De Lancey, Wandin North

Tortoise shoe bone shoehorn with pointed handle.

Drawers, Female

Mont De Lancey, Wandin North

White calico drawers with broderie anglaise around hem, and pin tucking on legs. Have drawstring waist and back opening.

Historical information

Worn in the 1900's.

Cloisonne - bowl

Mont De Lancey, Wandin North

Blue and gold patterned Chinese Cloisonne bowl with lid, with gold lion on top.

Historical information

Purchased by Mr. & Mrs. H. N. Lord in 1970. Purchased by Mr. & Mrs. H. N. Lord in 1970. Cloisonné, a French word meaning "enclosed", is a metal-working technique. It is an ancient technique for decorating metalwork objects. The resulting objects can also be called cloisonné. The decoration is formed by first adding compartments or cells to the metal object. This is done by soldering or sticking silver or gold wires or thin strips placed on edge. These are visible in the finished piece, separating the different compartments. Coloured enamel is the usual filling for the cells. Cloisonné enamel objects are worked on with enamel powder made into a paste, which then is fired in a kiln. In older times inlays of cut gemstones were often used. They were decorated with geometric or schematic designs, with thick cloison walls. I

Cloisonne - Vase

Mont De Lancey, Wandin North

Small Japanese Cloisonne iridescent red vase, with pale pink flowers on black wooded stand.

Historical information

Purchased by Mr. & Mrs. H. N. Lord in Japan in 1960. The Japanese word for Cloisonne ware is SHIPPPO or seven treasured ware. It is an ancient technique for decorating metalwork objects. The resulting objects can also be called cloisonné. The decoration is formed by first adding compartments or cells to the metal object. This is done by soldering or sticking silver or gold wires or thin strips placed on edge. These are visible in the finished piece, separating the different compartments. Coloured enamel is the usual filling for the cells. Cloisonné enamel objects are worked on with enamel powder made into a paste, which then is fired in a kiln. In older times inlays of cut gemstones were often used. They were decorated with geometric or schematic designs, with thick cloison walls.

China - Ornament

Mont De Lancey, Wandin North

Gold Italian porcelain basket of flowers in blue, pink, purple and cream with gold handle.

Historical information

Purchased by Mr. & Mrs. H. N. Lord in Naples.

Thermometer

Mont De Lancey, Wandin North

Corona Essence Flavouring specialist thermometer. Mounted on yellow painted wood.

Historical information

Made in U.S.A.

Bag - Calico

Mont De Lancey, Wandin North

One stock feed calico bag.

Historical information

Milled at Lennon St. South Kensington. Tel. 33 0261.

Inscriptions & Markings

Stock "JM" Feeds. Cleaned wheat. Net 25 LB. Hughson.

Nail file

Mont De Lancey, Wandin North

Silver and steel fold out nail file with heavy embossing.

Historical information

Used by Miss Helen Gibson

Inscriptions & Markings

W.J.

Plastic Cigarettes

Mont De Lancey, Wandin North

'Kiddicraft' Minature Plastic Cigarettes in original Packaging-Collectors item. Blue Black bubble plastic

Wedding Horseshoe

Mont De Lancey, Wandin North

Cream ribbon horseshoe, with orange blossom decoration. Lace trim on end.

Historical information

Worn by Barbara Cornell for her 1938 wedding. Made by her family.

Ammunition pouch

Mont De Lancey, Wandin North

Brown leather souvenir ammunition pouch. Turkish. Three compartments, with metal ring to attach to belt. Narrow belt strap. Has brass studs. Stitching on compartments.

Historical information

On loan from Eunice Russell née Gray. Used by Ebenezer Gray.

Shawl

Mont De Lancey, Wandin North

Light green embroidered silk evening shawl with plaited braid and long tassels.

Historical information

Worn by Mrs. Quayle's niece in 1905. From home of W.J. Sebire, Wandin

Child's Tea Set

Mont De Lancey, Wandin North

Pink and white child's tea set. 6 saucers and 4 cups, with teapot, jug and sugar bowl. Plus a metal black tray with floral decoration.

Camisole

Mont De Lancey, Wandin North

White cotton camisole with lace and insertion on collar and sleeves. Gathered waist.

Historical information

Trousseau of Mrs. A. Mitchell (1877)

Gravy tureen

Mont De Lancey, Wandin North

White gravy tureen with blue rose design. Gold fluted edge. Decorative handles on base and lid. Plus spoon with decorative handle.

Historical information

Wedding gift to Mr. & Mrs. Wilms, 5th January 1910. (Dorothy Adamson's parents).

Tie pin

Mont De Lancey, Wandin North

Two gold tie-pins. 1- Safety pin type. 2 - Bar type

Baby's dress

Mont De Lancey, Wandin North

White cotton baby's dress with net bodice insert and hem insert, with puffed sleeves.

Tape measure

Mont De Lancey, Wandin North

Tin tape measure in circular-shaped brass covering. Has a metal ring at the end. rusty.

Iron

Mont De Lancey, Wandin North

Metal iron with wooden handle, and curved chimney and damper on the front.

Historical information

These first irons were first patented in 1852.

Inscriptions & Markings

"Mondraoon U.C."

Writing case

Mont De Lancey, Wandin North

Portable wooden walnut veneer writing case with inlaid design. Has two glass ink bottles - one with brass lid. Contains note paper, lilac writing paper and envelope.

Certificate

Mont De Lancey, Wandin North

White coloured Certificate of Appreciation from Shire of Lilydale, with red wax seal on bottom left.

Historical information

Certificate of Appreciation from Shire of Lilydale to Mr Duncan Campbell, Wandin for patriotism for volunteering for the front during World War 1.

Inscriptions & Markings

"Shire of Lilllydale, Lilydale 13th November 1914 To lMr. Duncan Campbell, Wandin....." Plus a Red wax seal.

Dinner plates

Mont De Lancey, Wandin North

White round dinner plates with blue rose design. Fluted edge with gold trim. Set of 12 plates.

Historical information

Wedding gift to Mr. & Mrs. Wilms, 5th January 1910. (Dorothy Adamson's parents).

Clock

Mont De Lancey, Wandin North

A replica of a milk can, unique to Guernsey.

Historical information

Clock is from Guernsey. The case is a replica of the type of milk can unique to the Island of Guernsey. From the home of the Late W.J. Sebire - Wandin.

Medals

Mont De Lancey, Wandin North

Round Queen's Coronation Medal attached to Red, white and blue ribbon

Historical information

Awarded to Late Mr. E.G. Wilson, formerly of Lilydale District.

Inscriptions & Markings

"E11R"

Gladstone Bag

Mont De Lancey, Wandin North

Brown leather Gladstone bag with gold initialling W.C.R.

Historical information

Belonged to William Charles Rouget (W.C.R.)

Inscriptions & Markings

"W.C.R."