Badge - Warrnambool & District Base Hospital
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- This is a round metal badge with gold outer trimming, an outer circle of white with gold lettering and a red cross with gold edging set into the centre of the badge. There is a metal brooch clip at the back for attachment to an article of clothing.
- Diameter: 2.2 cm.
- warrnambool & district base hospital, badge, history of warrnambool, warrnambool hospital and benevolent asylum
- This badge has been produced for the Warrnambool & District Base Hospital, probably in the 1970s or 80s. It is a good quality badge and may have been sold for hospital funds or issued to hospital employees and supporters. The Warrnambool & District Base Hospital commenced in 1854 as the Villiers and Heytesbury Hospital and Benevolent Asylum and building on the current site in Ryot Street began in 1860. It was then known as the Warrnambool Hospital and Benevolent Asylum until early in the 20th century when it no longer accepted those needing care in old age. Today the hospital is part of a wider organization and is known as South West Health Care (Warrnambool Base).
- Late 20th century
- Stokes (Maker)
- This badges is a local one and is retained as a memento of the Warrnambool Hospital in the second half of the last century and will be used for display purposes.
- Warrnambool & District Base Hospital
9 ct. Stokes
- 20 Jan 2020 at 12:34PM