medal - Warrnambool & District Caledonian Society
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- .1 aA gold-coloured medal with gold lettering within a blue circle, a thistle image at the top of the medal and an image in the centre of a coat of arms surrounding an enamelled shield. The medal is attached by a metal clip to a metal chain.
.2 A medal in the shape of a shield with gold lettering and images of a thistle and leaves in green and maroon colouring set against a gold background. The medal has a metal bar attached to the top and this bar has a metal clip at the back.
- .1 Diameter: 2.4 cm. .2 W 2.4 cm. H 2.4 cm.
- warrnambool & district caledonian society, history of warrnambool, warrnambool and district caledonian society, scottish country dancing and highland dancing
- These medals have been issued to members of the Warrnambool and District Caledonian Society (one to a committee member). This group is dedicated to preserving and promoting Scottish heritage in the local area and sponsors Scottish country dancing and Highland dancing. The group has its origins in the establishment in Warrnambool of the Western Caledonian Society in 1864 and annual Highland Gatherings were held in the district for many decades after this.
- Mid 20th century
- .1 Newman .2 Stokes (Maker)
- These medals, artistically-pleasing ones, are of interest as mementoes of a long- established society in Warrnambool – the Warrnambool & District Caledonian Society.
- .1 Warrnambool & District Caledonian Society
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
.2 Warrnambool & District Caledonian Soc. Committee
- 20 Jan 2020 at 12:50PM