Badge - Australian Boy
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- This is a round metal badge with red edging and an image of a boy, an aeroplane and a dog in blue and red with blue and red lettering set against a cream background. The badge is somewhat tarnished and rusted on the back.
- Diameter: 3 cm.
- warrnambool boys’ club, boys’ club badge, history of warrnambool, badge
- This badge was issued to a member of Australian Boy, probably about the 1950s, but no information has been found on this organization. What is known is that Warrnambool had a boys’ club in the 1950s and this group may have been part of a wider Australian organization.
- This badge has no known local provenance but is retained as a memento of the mid 20th century when Warrnambool had an active boys’ club.
- Australian Boy Club Member
- 20 Jan 2020 at 1:21PM