Medals - Royal Visit 1954
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- .1 A circular bronze-coloured medal with the image of Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh and printing on one side and a crown and printing on the other side. A bar with a decorative scroll on the top portion with printing is attached to the medal by a metal ring. The bar has a metal pin at the back.
.2 as above except that the medal is a little tarnished
.3 as above except that the medal is tarnished and the bar is missing.
- Medal Diameter: 2.5 cm. Bar W 3.2 cm. H 1.2 cm.
- royal visit 1954, history of warrnambool, queen elizabeth, duke of edinburgh
- These medals were given to school children in Victoria in 1954 as a memento of the visit to Australia of Queen Elizabeth 11 and the Duke of Edinburgh. This was the first visit to Australia of a reigning British monarch. The tour took in 57 Australian towns and cities, including ten days in Victoria.
- Stokes (Maker)
- These medals have no known local provenance but are retained for display purposes.
- Presented to the children by the Government of Victoria
Queen Elizabeth 11 Duke of Edinburgh
E11R Royal Visit 1954 Victoria
- 20 Jan 2020 at 1:57PM