Badges - Warrnambool Racing Club
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- .1A metal badge (roughly in the shape of a double triangle) with an image in blue, white, green and gold of a horse and jockey clearing a hurdle. The badge has gold lettering, a metal clip at the back and a metal ring at the top for attachment to a cord.
.2 .3. As above except that the colourings of blue, red, green and red are differently placed
.4 As above in .1 except that the colourings are black, brown and green
.5 A round metal badge with the image as in .1 above, with the colourings being black, white and green.
- .1 to .4 W 3.5 cm. H 3 cm. .5 Diameter 3 cm.
- warrnambool racing club, history of warrnambool
- These badges were issued to members of the Warrnambool Racing Club in the 1950s. Horse race meetings have been held in Warrnambool since the early days of European settlement, with the Warrnambool Racing Club formed in 1854. Races have been held on the site of the present day racecourse since the late 1850s. Today the chief event on the Warrnambool racing calendar is the annual three-day May Racing Carnival, featuring the well-known Warrnambool Grand Annual Steeplechase.
- Stokes (Maker)
- These badges are retained as examples of the badges of members of the Warrnambool Racing Club in the 1950s. They will be useful for display.
- .1 Warrnambool Racing Club Not Transferable Season 1954-55 121 Stokes Melb.
.2 Warrnambool Racing Club Not Transferable Season 1955-56 128 Stokes
.3 Warrnambool Racing Club Not Transferable Season 1957-58 106 Stokes
.4 Warrnambool Racing Club Not Transferable Season 1959-1960 95 Stokes Melb
.5 Warrnambool Racing Club Not Transferable Season 1956-1957 123 Stokes
- 20 Jan 2020 at 2:20PM