Radio Licence - Document
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- This is a buff-coloured piece of paper with a pink edging at the top, printing, a stamp and a handwritten signature. The left edge shows signs of being torn from a pad.
- W 12.7 cm. H 8.2 cm.
- radio licences, history of warrnambool
- This is an Australian radio licence issued in 1962. Radio licences in Australia were subject to a fee payable to the Commonwealth of Australia from 1923 to 1974. The fee in 1962 was £2-15-0 ($5.50). In the 1970s TV and radio licences could be combined at a cost of about £26 ($52). This licence was issued to a member of the Stasinowsky family who resided in Warrnambool.
- This item is retained as an example of an Australian radio licence issued locally.
- A Broadcast Listener’s Licence
- 24 Jan 2020 at 11:19AM