Stories Organisations Projects About Login

Book - Journal Methodist Sunday School from May 1904 to November 1917

From the Collection of Port Fairy Historical Society Museum and Archives 30 Gipps Street Port Fairy 3284

A red blue and cream marbled covered book with a label for Port Fairy Methodist Sunday School Library stuck crookedly to the front cover as well as a centred label stating Library Register
27.5cm x 21.5cm x .08cm
Object Registration
VPFH 64.00.006
library register, methodist church
Historical information
The register was used by the Port Fairy Methodist church for the record of issuing and exchanging loan library books to their congregation between the years 1900 - 1924
Made By
Wesleyan Book Depot (Maker)
A book which tells the story of parishioners borrowing books from a library held by the Port Fairy Methodist Church and their names
Inscriptions & Markings
Top Label- Port Fairy Methodist Sunday School LIBRARY No.................. Time allowed for reading this book, 14 days; beyond this time it must not be detained without the consent of the Librarian. Any Scholar damaging this Book must replace it or be suspended from the privilege of the Library.
Lower label- Library Register. Monogram underneath and in pencil- PORT FAIRY -above "Library and in pencil between "Library Register." and the monogram- -W.S.S.- and underneath the monogram in pencil- October 1st 1900 penciled number 9 and letter w also on label
Last updated
24 Jan 2020 at 12:36PM