Photograph - Star of the West Hotel (1950s-1960s)
From the Collection of Port Fairy Historical Society Museum and Archives 30 Gipps Street Port Fairy 3284
- Black and white photograph of the Star of the West Hotel on a brown bordered mount
- 30cm x 22.6cm
- VPFH 62.04B.087
- john walwyn taylor, the sally ann, bank street, sackville street
- Iconic Hotel in Port Fairy Built as the first of a proposed chain of hotels by John Walwyn Taylor in 1855 on the corner of Bank and Sackville Streets. 2 stories with a balcony wrapping around 2 sides of the building. The site was formerly occupied by the wooden hotel "The Sally Ann".
- A snapshot of time showing the hotel the power lines, and the style of cars from that era.
- Written in Pen at top and underlined - STAR OF THE WEST HOTEL
Lower right - ball point pen museum numbers 62.04B.011D
On Back- Pencil - 3-17 - S2-7-57 - j o h 2-7-57
- 24 Jan 2020 at 4:16PM