Photograph - Horse and Jockey Hotel Orford
From the Collection of Port Fairy Historical Society Museum and Archives 30 Gipps Street Port Fairy 3284
- Black and white photograph of the Horse and Jockey Hotel in Orford with two motor bikes in front with riders resting and large dog wandering across in front
- 17.5cm x11cm
- VPFH 62.04B.085
- horse and jockey hotel, hotel, racing
- the Horse and Jockey Hotel was built around 1856 for the purpose of providing rest, food and drink to the Bullockies travelling the stock route between Portland and Belfast.
Hotel named so because the horse racing took place close by and the hotel was the jockeys official weigh in.
- A rare photograph of a hotel that no longer exists
- On Back in biro- Fred Toohey. Geoff Purcell in ink- Horse and Jockey Hotel Orford
- 27 Jan 2020 at 3:55PM