Stories Organisations Projects About Login

Plan - Lanercost Priory

From the Collection of Ballarat Heritage Services PO Box 2209 Bakery Hill Post Office Victoria

Description
Plan on white paper with black and red ink printing and a drawing
Size
A4
Object Registration
0000
Keywords
mason's marks, marks, stone marks, stonemasons, lanercost, priory, plan, 1169
Historical information
Lanercost Priory was founded around 1169 by Robert de Vaux, and was home to an order of Augustinian canons until 1538 when is was dissolved by Henry VIII. In 1542 the priory and lands were granted to Thomas Dacre, an illegitimate son of Thomas, Lord Dacre. Mason's marks can be found throughout the undercroft.
When Made
Digital copy made 2016
Made By
Dorothy Wickham (Maker)
Inscriptions & Markings
English Heritage Lanercost Priory
Last updated
5 Feb 2020 at 5:27PM