Badges - Warrnambool Surf Life Saving Club
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- .1 A round metal badge with cream-coloured lettering and one star on a brown background
.2 A round metal badge with brown lettering and one star on a cream-coloured background
- .1 and .2 Diameter: 2.4 cm.
- warrnambool surf life saving club, history of warrnambool, badge
- These badges issued for a surf carnival held in Warrnambool may have been produced for the 1963 Australian Championship Surf Carnival. It was estimated that 25,000 people were present at these championships held at the Warrnambool beach. The Warrnambool Surf Life Saving Club was formed in 1930. Some years previous to this a Warrnambool Surf Bathers and Beach Improvement Association had been established and this group amalgamated with the Warrnambool Surf Life Saving Club in 1933. Warrnambool claims to be the first surf life saving club in Victoria.
- C 1963
- These badges are small mementoes of the many surf carnivals held in Warrnambool and of the Warrnambool Surf Life Saving Club, an important volunteer organization which has operated in Warrnambool for 90 years.
- .1 and .2 Warrnambool Surf Life Saving Club Surf Carnival
- 11 Feb 2020 at 3:40PM