These Christ Church Warrnambool badges were made about the mid 20th century and were either given to church members assisting with the fair held in the church buildings and grounds in the latter part of the year or were sold to community members to raise funds for the church. The Anglican community in Warrnambool first met in a building in Liebig Street in the early 1850s and in 1856 Christ Church in Henna Street was opened with additions in the 1860s and the tower being erected in 1882. Today Christ Church in Warrnambool still holds an annual fair in late spring.
These badges are of interest as souvenirs of the fairs held at Christ Church, Warrnambool about the middle of the 20th century.
.1 A metal badge with blue edging, an image in blue of Christ Church and yellow printing. Around the edge of the badge is information about the badge’s maker. The back of the badge has a metal clip. .2 as above .3 as above except that the colouring is reversed – the edging and image of Christ Church are red and the printing is blue.
Inscriptions & markings
Centenary Fair Oct.3 – Nov. 1 J.W.Patrick 440 Rae St N. Fitzroy Melb. Vic