Insignia - Military Insignia
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- .1 A metal badge or piece of insignia with two crossed cannons and a bursting bomb and the number 158 in the centre of the bomb.
.2 A metal badge or piece of insignia in the shape of a shield with two crossed cannons, a wheel and flame. There are three metal rings at the back for affixing the item to part of a uniform.
.3 A metal badge or piece of insignia with two crossed rifles, a circle with the number 158 and a crown atop.
.4 A metal badge or piece of insignia in the form of a shield with two crossed cannons and a bursting bomb. There are three metal rings at the back for attachment to part of a uniform.
- .1 W 7.3 cm. H 6 cm. .2 W 3.5 cm. H 7.3 cm. .3 W 3.3 cm. H 7.7 cm. .4 W 3.3 cm. H 6.8 cm.
- military insignia, history of warrnambool, badges
- These badges or insignia are probably British and belong to artillery and infantry military units but no further information has been found regarding them. They were probably attached to the shoulder pad or other part of the military uniform.
- Early 20th century
- These items have no known local provenance but are kept for display purposes.
- 12 Feb 2020 at 1:52PM