From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- This is a rectangular-shaped wooden tray overlaid with decoupage work. It has two metal handles attached with two metal screws. The body of the tray has eleven pasted- on labels, some with early agricultural, business and marine scenes and one in the centre, a decorative piece with the words, ‘Prosperity, Unity, Peace’. There is handwriting on the back of the tray.
- W 91 cm. L 32 cm. D 2 cm.
- e.p. torney, history of warrnambool
- From the inscription at the back, it appears this item was once a betting board that belonged, presumably, to a bookmaker. No other information is available at this time.
- Mid 20th century
- This board is of some interest as an example of an item recycled for use in a household.
- Prosperity, Unity, Peace
Tray made from old betting board, owned and used over 50 years ago by the date. E.P. Torney of Warrnambool, Victoria. Made in the month of August 1952. Gwen R.Torney
- 12 Feb 2020 at 2:29PM