From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- .1 The beam balance scales have a brown wooden rectangular base with four metal screws and indents for weights. The scale mechanism has a round metal dish for weights and a rectangular metal dish to hold the object to be weighed.
.2 A circular metal weight 8 oz.
.3 A circular metal weight 4 oz.
.4 A circular metal weight 2 oz.
.5 A circular metal weight 1 oz.
.6 A circular metal weight ½ oz.
.7 A circular metal weight with a smaller top for ease of holding ½ oz.
.8 A circular metal weight 4 drams
- .1 W 21.5 cm. L 11 cm. D 9.7 cm.
- weights and measures, history of warrnambool
- These scales would have been used for weighing small items (e.g. letters and packages) in a home or business.
- Early 20th century
- These scales have no known local provenance but are retained for display purposes
- .2 8 oz.
.3 4 oz
.4 2 oz.
.5 1 oz.
.6 ½ oz.
.7 ½ oz.
.8 4 drams
- 12 Feb 2020 at 2:37PM