Book - Waranton
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- This is a soft cover book of 52 pages. The cover has brown and white colouring and has an image of the finish of a horse race and black printing. The pages contain printed material, black and white photographs and sketches. The book has been stapled but the staples have been removed.
- W 22 cm. H 29 cm. D .4 cm.
- western district horse racing, grand annual steeplechase, history of warrnambool, casterton centenary cup, jack gorman
- This book by Jack Gorman contains articles on horse racing in Australia, and in particular, Victoria and the Western District in the 19th and 20th centuries. It includes articles on the 1891 Melbourne Cup, the Casterton Centenary Cup of 1961, the champion horse ‘Waranton’, hunting in the Casterton district, the 1922 Grand Annual Steeplechase at Warrnambool and many people associated with horse racing in the past.
- Border Watch Pty Ltd.
- This book is retained as it contains articles on various horse races and people associated with horse racing of the past in the Western District of Victoria, including accounts of Warrnambool races. It will be a useful addition to our local history library.
- 12 Feb 2020 at 3:07PM