black / white postcard
From the Collection of Orbost & District Historical Society Ruskin Street Orbost Victoria
- A photograph / postcard which shows a group of men and women in a large forest clearing. The women are dressed in white(?) dresses with ribbon bows at the neck. The men are in suits. Most are wearing hats. In the back right corner are two horse - drawn carriages.
- H-87mm W-137mm
- cameron-annie celebrations-outdoor
- This postcard seems to have been written by Grace Cameron to Annie (Cameron) Gilbert. There is mention of a harvest festival.
- late 19th - early 20th century
- The Cameron and Gilbert families are early settlers of the Orbost area. This photograph is a pictorial record of dress in the late 19th and early 20th century. It depicts the the high standards of dress at informal occasions
- on the back is a hand -written letter
- 17 Feb 2020 at 2:06PM