From the Collection of 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles Regimental Collection Building 129 Carlisle Drive North Bandiana Vic
- Black and white photograph of Ferret Scout Car with two 8/13 Victorian Mounted Rifles crewmen: Warrant Officer 2 Ron Almond holding guidon and driver Trooper Allan Williams.
- 125 mm x 90 mm
- 8/13 Victorian Mounted Rifles held the guidons of the 8th, 13th,and 20th Light Horse Regiments.The 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles was raised as a regiment of the Royal Australian Armoured Corps on 1 May 1948 with Headquarters in Melbourne and squadrons in Sale, Benalla/Wangaratta and Albury. In 1955 Regimental Headquarters moved to Wangaratta and a second squadron was located at Albury. The Sale squadron transferred to 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse. In 1977 8/13 VMR Regiment was reduced to an independent squadron A Squadron 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles and in 1991 was linked with 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse forming the VMR Squadron of that regiment.
- 25 Feb 2020 at 9:55AM