From the Collection of 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles Regimental Collection Building 129 Carlisle Drive North Bandiana Vic
- Two black and white photographs of Hunber 1 ton trucks taken during 8/13 Victorian Mounted Rifles training at Puckapunyal , c 1964.
- 125 mm x 90 mm
- 8/13 VMR was issued Humber trucks in Armoured Personnel Carrier role., The 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles was raised as a regiment of the Royal Australian Armoured Corps on 1 May 1948 with Headquarters in Melbourne and squadrons in Sale, Benalla/Wangaratta and Albury. In 1955 Regimental Headquarters moved to Wangaratta and a second squadron was located at Albury. The Sale squadron transferred to 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse. In 1977 8/13 VMR Regiment was reduced to an independent squadron A Squadron 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles and in 1991 was linked with 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse forming the VMR Squadron of that regiment.
- " 2 Tp Puckapunyal Humber 1 Ton used as APCs
- 25 Feb 2020 at 1:29PM