black and white photograph
From the Collection of Orbost & District Historical Society Ruskin Street Orbost Victoria
- A black / white photograph / postcard of a tall railway bridge, with concrete pylons in the centre,There is a creek below.
- H-85mm W-135mm
- boggy-creek-railway-bridge nowa-nowa railway-bridge east-gippsland-railway orbost-bairnsdale-railway
- This appears to be the Boggy Creek bridge and to have been taken at Nowa Nowa.
The Boggy Creek Bridge was built in 1916 as part of the Bairnsdale to Orbost extension to the main Gippsland Railway, and is situated in the middle of the township of Nowa Nowa, crossing a steep-sided and well-timbered creek-valley. This section of the line closed in 1987.
- first half 20th century
- This bridge plays a major part in the identity and history of the town of Nowa Nowa, since Boggy Creek’s steep sided valley divides the township into two components.
It is part of the East Gippsland Railway line.
- on front - bottom left - " NOWA NOWA BRIDGE"
- 5 Mar 2020 at 3:20PM