From the Collection of Orbost & District Historical Society Ruskin Street Orbost Victoria
- A colour postcard series with photographs of Orbost and the district. The cover photograph is of the Snowy River Bridge. There is an information card.
- H-85mm W-140mm
- postcards-orbost postcards-east-gippsland
- Included are photographs of the Orbost township, the Snowy River at Marlo, Gypsy Point, Buchan Caves and Bairnsdale.
In the 1960s Orbost had a population of 4000 and was a major tourist attraction in Eastern Victoria with sufficient accommodation and facilities. It was the major town close to several national parks with access to either the surf or the snow.
- Rose Stereograph Company (Maker)
- These postcards are pictorial records of Orbost in the 1960s. Postcards are very interesting records of places. architecture and transport.
- Each photograph is labelled. at the bottom.
- 9 Mar 2020 at 3:01PM