From the Collection of 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles Regimental Collection Building 129 Carlisle Drive North Bandiana Vic
- Black and white photograph of Centurion tank of 8/13 Victorian Mounted Rifles with two crewmen preparing meal. Another crewman remains in turret as sentry. Annual camp, Puckapunyal 1971.
- 90 mm X 90 mm
- During exercise crew cooking was the normal procedure .All members of crew contributed regardless of rank.The 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles was raised as a regiment of the Royal Australian Armoured Corps on 1 May 1948 with Headquarters in Melbourne and squadrons in Sale, Benalla/Wangaratta and Albury. In 1955 Regimental Headquarters moved to Wangaratta and a second squadron was located at Albury. The Sale squadron transferred to 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse. In 1977 8/13 VMR Regiment was reduced to an independent squadron A Squadron 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles and in 1991 was linked with 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse forming the VMR Squadron of that regiment.
- " Lt J Clay brewing up "
- 17 Mar 2020 at 10:41AM