From the Collection of 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles Regimental Collection Building 129 Carlisle Drive North Bandiana Vic
- Black and white photograph of M113 Light Reconnaissance Vehicle ( LRV ) topping a saw tooth obstacle during training at 8/13 Victorian Mounted Rifles Annual Camp, Puckapunyal 1971.
- 90 mm X 90 mm
- The M113 LRV was introduced to 8/13 VMR in 1971 when the regiment transitioned from tank to recon role.The 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles was raised as a regiment of the Royal Australian Armoured Corps on 1 May 1948 with Headquarters in Melbourne and squadrons in Sale, Benalla/Wangaratta and Albury. In 1955 Regimental Headquarters moved to Wangaratta and a second squadron was located at Albury. The Sale squadron transferred to 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse. In 1977 8/13 VMR Regiment was reduced to an independent squadron A Squadron 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles and in 1991 was linked with 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse forming the VMR Squadron of that regiment.
- 17 Mar 2020 at 10:55AM