From the Collection of 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles Regimental Collection Building 129 Carlisle Drive North Bandiana Vic
- Black and white photograph of 10 soldiers of 8/13 Victorian Mounted Rifles with M113 Light reconnaissance Vehicle ( LRV ) at Puckapunyal 1972.
- 90 M M X 90 MM
- 1972 was 8/13 VMR first year fully equipped with M113 vehicles The 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles was raised as a regiment of the Royal Australian Armoured Corps on 1 May 1948 with Headquarters in Melbourne and squadrons in Sale, Benalla/Wangaratta and Albury. In 1955 Regimental Headquarters moved to Wangaratta and a second squadron was located at Albury. The Sale squadron transferred to 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse. In 1977 8/13 VMR Regiment was reduced to an independent squadron A Squadron 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles and in 1991 was linked with 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse forming the VMR Squadron of that regiment.
- " Top: Tpr E Toole, L/Cpl W. Russell, Sgt M. Hudson, Lt J. Clay, L/Cpl M. Barlow, Cpl J. Smith: front: L/Cpl L. Bergin, Tpr D. Wyborn. 1 Tp A Sqn8/13VMR Camp 1972 Puckapunyal :
- 17 Mar 2020 at 11:30AM