From the Collection of Melbourne Legacy 293 Swanston Street Melbourne Victoria
- Black and white photo of President Foskett dining with some of the children at Harelands.
- 165 x 105 mm
- residences, past presidents, harelands, junior legatee
- A photo of President Foskett visiting Harelands house for dinner with Junior Legatees. This photo was used in a newsletter, the Bulletin, in 1972 which includes the caption 'The President of Melbourne Legacy, Legatee Ron. Foskett, joins some of the Junior Legatees at the "Harelands" Legacy Residence at Kew for dinner.
Melbourne Legacy ran three residences: Blamey House (purchased 1947) , Stanhope (purchased 1945) and Harelands (purchased 1950), to take care of children whose fathers were servicemen, and who may have been left orphans, or whose mother may have been unable to care for them herself. Harelands accomodated boys and girls under the age of 14, Blamey House looked after boys over 14, and Stanhope looked after girls over 14. The children were cared for until they were old enough to become independent.
- A record of a Legacy President visiting the Legacy home and spending time with the Junior Legatees.
- Handwritten on reverse 'N4176A' and stamped in purple ink 'Property of Melbourne Legacy 1972' and details of photographer Stuart Penberthy Pty Ltd.
- 17 Apr 2020 at 11:02AM