From the Collection of 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles Regimental Collection Building 129 Carlisle Drive North Bandiana Vic
- Black and white photograph of three officers at 8/13 Victorian Mounted Rifles Annual Caomp at Puckapunyal 1974.. They are Colonel LG Coleman ( Honorary Colonel ). Lieutenant Colonel J Neale ( Commanding Officer and Major ( Ret'd) N. whitehead MC.
- 165 mm X 120 mm
- The 8/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles held its tracked Armoured vehicle training program camps at Puckapunyal. The regiment was raised as part of the Royal Australian Armoured Corps on 1 May 1948 with Headquarters in Melbourne and squadrons in Sale, Benalla/Wangaratta and Albury. In 1955 Regimental Headquarters moved to Wangaratta and a second squadron was located at Albury. The Sale squadron transferred to 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse. In 1977 8/13 VMR Regiment was reduced to an independent squadron A Squadron 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles and in 1991 was linked with 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse forming the VMR Squadron of that regiment.
- 18 Mar 2020 at 5:28PM