From the Collection of 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles Regimental Collection Building 129 Carlisle Drive North Bandiana Vic
- Reproduction photograph of five National Servicemen at Puckapunyal training as Centurion drivers prior to in 1956 being posted to 8/13 Victorian Mounted Rifles . From front : Troopers C. Hore, K. McLure, J. Black, J. McGrath, and unknown.
- 150 mkm X 100 mm
- Between !955 and 1959 National Servicemen from Albury and NE Victoria trained as Centurion crewmen for 8/13 VMR.The 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles was raised as a regiment of the Royal Australian Armoured Corps on 1 May 1948 with Headquarters in Melbourne and squadrons in Sale, Benalla/Wangaratta and Albury. In 1955 Regimental Headquarters moved to Wangaratta and a second squadron was located at Albury. The Sale squadron transferred to 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse. In 1977 8/13 VMR Regiment was reduced to an independent squadron A Squadron 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles and in 1991 was linked with 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse forming the VMR Squadron of that regiment.
- 17 Mar 2020 at 2:42PM