The Carnival of 1953 was staged at College as part of the celebrations for the opening of the Tower, dormitories and Hall extension of the main Ballarat College buildings, 1425 Sturt Street, Ballarat. Opened by His Excellency, the Governor, General Sir Dallas Brooks and dedicated by the Moderator of the Presbyterian Church of Victora, Right Reverend W A Alston the formalities were followed by a two day Carnival and culminated in a dance on Saturday evening. The very successful Carnival raised 1334 pounds and was voted an outstandng success. For more information see the school magazine, The Minervan, August 1953, pp 6-8.
Small round lapel badge with white printing on red; Ballarat College crest surrounded by motto and encircled with the words: Ballarat College Carnival 27-28 Feb. 1953
Inscriptions & markings
Ballarat College crest surrounded by motto and encircled with the words: Ballarat College Carnival 27-28 Feb. 1953