From the Collection of Uniting Church Archives - Synod of Victoria 54 Serrell Street Malvern East Victoria
- B & W photograph of a group of young men standing and sitting with the minister outside the Methodist Church in Denham St. Hawthorn.
- 110 x 150 mm
- denham street methodist church, organ, hall
- The Wesleyan Church, Denham Street in Lower Hawthorn, as the area was then called, was opened on 2 May 1886. The building was designed by Geelong architect William Henry Cleverdon and was built of brick in the Gothic style. Its dimensions were 55 x 33 ft and the façade incorporated a rose window and spire 50 ft high. A wooden vestry was placed to the rear. The building and the organ were seriously damaged by fire on 1 April 1970, started by a painter's blowtorch. The church was not rebuilt.
- 30 Mar 2020 at 11:15AM