black and white photograph
From the Collection of Orbost & District Historical Society Ruskin Street Orbost Victoria
- A black / white formal studio photograph of a man seated on a chair with a woman standing to the right behind him. He is wearing a frock coat, waistcoat and high stiff collar with a bow tie. Her day dress has a tight - fitting bodice with a deep waistline and long sleeves.
- H-140mm w-105mm
- dickson-archibald-john commonwealth-hotel-orbost
- This is a photograph of Archie Dickson and his wife, Emma ( nee Wainwright), who was married in 1900 to Archibald John Dickson (1855-1930)
There is an article noting his death in the Age newspaper, Melbourne, Thursday 12 June 1930, page 6 which reports him to have been the first white child born in the Orbost area.
James Thomas Dickson, his brother, was the manager and then licensee of the Commonwealth Hotel in Orbost from about 1903.
- early to mid 20th century
- The Dickson family was a prominent family in early Orbost.
- 7 Apr 2020 at 1:38PM