Historical information

Churchill Island has a large photograph collection dating from the nineteenth century. This series consists of candid photographs of everyday life taken by previous residents of the island.

Physical description

Black and White photograph of Doug Finlayson and Valda Treadwell standing on the path in front of Amess House, with a wooden arbour visible on the left side of the photo.

Inscriptions & markings

Catalogue number written on reverse in pencil. Handwritten in pen on reverse: '1940. DOUG FINLAYSON AND VALDA TREADWELL ON PATH IN FRONT OF HOUSE. NOTE - PINE TREES AND THE BIG DAM BEHIND THEM'