From the Collection of 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles Regimental Collection Building 129 Carlisle Drive North Bandiana Vic
- Colour photograph of trucks halted on roadside during 8/13 Victorian Mounted Rifles ' B ' vehicle exercise in south-west Victoria, c. 1986. Skills practiced were driving and maintenance, radio communications and map reading.
- 100 mm x 125 mm
- Unarmoured vehicles were classified as ' B ' vehicles. Armoured vehicles were claswsified as " A " vehicles. The 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles was raised as a regiment of the Royal Australian Armoured Corps on 1 May 1948 with Headquarters in Melbourne and squadrons in Sale, Benalla/Wangaratta and Albury. In 1955 Regimental Headquarters moved to Wangaratta and a second squadron was located at Albury. The Sale squadron transferred to 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse. In 1977 8/13 VMR Regiment was reduced to an independent squadron A Squadron 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles and in 1991 was linked with 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse forming the VMR Squadron of that regiment.
- 26 May 2020 at 11:23AM