Stories Organisations Projects About Login

black and white photographs

From the Collection of Orbost & District Historical Society Ruskin Street Orbost Victoria

Description
Three black / white photographs of a truss bridge across a river.
Size
H-200mm W-254mm
Object Registration
3249
Keywords
bridge-snowy-river orbost-bridge-1937
Historical information
These photographs are of the bridge across the Snowy River at Orbost which was replaced in 1976. This bridge over the Snowy River was opened on July 4 1922. It was constructed in 1922 alongside the previous suspension bridge. Its building was a combined effort of the Victorian Railways and the Country Roads Board at a cost of 35,000 pounds. It was replaced in 1976 by the present bridge after several major floods.
When Made
1937
Significance
This bridge was replaced in 1976 after several major floods. This is a pictorial record of that bridge.
Last updated
26 May 2020 at 12:12PM