From the Collection of 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles Regimental Collection Building 129 Carlisle Drive North Bandiana Vic
- Colour photograph of two Ferret Mark11 Scout Cars of 8/13 Victorian Mounted Rifles Heritage Vehicle Section at Australia Day Parade, Corowa NSW on 23 January 1994.
- 100 mm x 150 mm
- Vehicles in the Heritage Vehicle Section were maintained as an extracurricular activity of serving soldiers of 8/13 Victorian Mounted Rifles.The 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles was raised as a regiment of the Royal Australian Armoured Corps on 1 May 1948 with Headquarters in Melbourne and squadrons in Sale, Benalla/Wangaratta and Albury. In 1955 Regimental Headquarters moved to Wangaratta and a second squadron was located at Albury. The Sale squadron transferred to 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse. In 1977 8/13 VMR Regiment was reduced to an independent squadron A Squadron 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles and in 1991 was linked with 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse forming the VMR Squadron of that regiment.
- " Ferret Scout Cars. Crew Commanders L to R: Sgt Gary Wynn, Cpl Neil Ray."
- 30 Jun 2020 at 9:32AM