Churchill Island Heritage Farm has a long and interesting history. From 1872, Samuel Amess was the primary owner of Churchill Island, having purchased it from the Rogers family. During his time on the Island, he built the main house and developed the surrounding land and gardens significantly as a holiday house away from the pollution of Melbourne. This photocopy of the original visitor's book (whose location is unknown) provides a valuable insight into the visitors who were regularly hosted at Churchill Island by the Amess family.
Photocopy of 92 page document of the 1881 - 1902 Churchill Island Visitors' book containing handwritten entries from people who stayed at the Island during the time of Samuel Amess and his son (also named Samuel). Photocopies are housed in a red folder.