black and white photograph
From the Collection of Orbost & District Historical Society Ruskin Street Orbost Victoria
- A black / white photograph of two women and three men standing in front of a wall. The men are wearing wearing long - sleeved tops with a triangular shaped logo at the top left shoulder,
- H-127mm W-176mm
- orbost-clubs apex-club-orbost service-club
- In this photograph are : L -R Margory Smith, Margaret Vincent, Michael Pardew, Rob Young and George Thomas. Orbost Apex Club donated $1,800 to the Orbost Continuing Care Appeal (now Lochiel House). The money had been raised at a successful New Year's Eve Ball. Margory Smith and Margaret Vincent, Acting President, were the O.C.C.A representatives. Michael Pardew was the co-ordinator of the New Year's Eve Ball, Rob Young was the Apex President and George Thomas was the Apex Social Director.
Apex clubs were made up of volunteers who "raise awareness about social justice issues, assist the needy in a practical way and contribute resources to causes" (ref Apex website)
- April 1979
- Snowy River Mail (newspaper punblisher)
- The Apex Club of Orbost was a volunteer service club which contributed to the Orbost community. A declining population has led to the demise of many social groups in the area.
- on back -a list of names
- 6 Jul 2020 at 1:01PM