Short Sword - French 1831 Pattern Artillary Shord Sword
From the Collection of Lara RSL Sub Branch McClelland Ave Lara Victoria
- Short Sword Brass Handle with 26 cm Blade French 1831 Pattern Artillery. Based on ancient sculptural depictions of the Roman gladius, the standard sword of the Roman legionaries.
- Overal length 41.2 cm Hilt length 15 cm Blade 26.2 cm
- french short sword 1831, brass handle, metal blade
- French 1831 Pattern Artillery Short Sword
A French 1831 pattern brass handle dismounted artillery mans short sword, marked Talabotts Paris with black leather brass mounted scabbard.
Blade, length 49cm, total length 64cm
The French 1816-1831 sword was based on ancient sculptural depictions of the Roman gladius, the standard sword of the Roman legionaries.
Both sword and scabbard are in very good condition.
- Stamped number on center of the guard of the hilt is 770. There is some marks also on center of the guard on the opposite side but not readable.
- 9 Jul 2020 at 12:03PM