Historical information

This telescope was used at the Ballarat School of Mines, and used to be located on the roof of the Ballarat Technical Art School (Gribble Building) at the Ballarat School of Mines. The telescope was reconditioned by former staff member Graeme Hood.

Physical description

Black telescope with 9 inch mirror and large counterweight.

Inscriptions & markings

On the back of the mirror are the following words "G M Riley Sunshine 1922"