The aerial view of Sunbury was featured in The Argus newspaper in 1936 in recognition of 100 years of European settlement of the area. It shows the extent of the township in 1936 which extended from the railway line in the west to the Jackson Creek in the east and the Sunbury Asylum in the south and northwards towards Macedon Street.
The photograph was taken when Sunbury was a country settlement 25 miles ( 37 kms) from Melbourne. Since the 1980s the area grown rapidly and is now an outer suburb of Melbourne.
A black and white aerial photograph with a cream border of the Sunbury township.
Inscriptions & markings
SUNBURY 1936 - A SOUVENIR AERIAL PHOTOGRAPH ISSUED BY THE ARGUS.