Silver plate tankard
From the Collection of 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles Regimental Collection Building 129 Carlisle Drive North Bandiana Vic
- Silver plate tankard with 8/13 Victoriann Mounted Rifles collar badge soldered to side and engraved with presentation details.
- military, drinking, silverware, woolford bill wo2, vmr, sergeants mess
- Warrant Officer Class Two Bill Woolford served with the Royal Marines during World War Two. Following the war he served in Hong Kong before migrating to Australia in the 1950s. He joined the Victorian Police and was posted to Wodonga. There he joined 8/13 Victorian Mounted Rifles serving as Squadron Sergeant Major until his retirement in 1967. This tankard was presented to him on his retirement. Often a gift of this type would be hung in the mess signifying the recipient would maintain close contact with mess and the regiment.
- Representative of a parting gift from the sergeants mess to a retiring NCO.
- Presented to / WOII Bill Woolford / by / Sgts Mess 8/13 VMR / June 1967
- 7 Aug 2020 at 11:19AM