Tools, shifting spanner large c1930
From the Collection of City of Moorabbin Historical Society (Operating the Box Cottage Museum) Joyce Park Jasper Road Ormond Victoria
- A large heavy steel curved neck shifting spanner with adjustable screw
- L30x W8x D 2
- tools, spanners, shifting spanners, wrenches, early settlers, market gardeners, blacksmiths, tools, building equipment, hammers, moorabbin shire, bentleigh, mckinnon, highett, cheltenham,mcewan james pty ltd, melbourne, bunnings pty ltd,
- An adjustable or shifting spanner or adjustable wrench is an open-end wrench with a movable jaw, allowing it to be used with different sizes of fastener head (nut, bolt, etc.) rather than just one fastener size, as with a conventional fixed spanner.
Early settlers were self reliant and repaired their own equipment for kitchen,dairy, farm, horses, carts using various tools .
- This steel shifting spanner is typical of the type used by early settlers in Moorabbin Shire c1930
- FLAG BRAND / MADE IN GERMANY
- 6 Aug 2020 at 10:15PM